Tuesday, June 20, 2017

Goodbye and the Sky

Why, when your time may be nearing its end, does the sky look so different, the stars so close, but the heavens so far away, is it an illusion of hope, or a sign of despair, when a chance to truly change my life is before me, but everything I have ever known will be left behind.  It's almost been a year. And I see my mother at every street I turn onto, see her reflection in every single shop, I am not the dad I was a year ago, not even close, I feed into an illusion of joy to try and please my kids, but am I doing them more harm?  I have known nothing but stress and sorrow and guilt for the past sixteen years, I cannot begin to express my gratitude for the opportunity I have been given, but will it make a difference, will it light the path to redemption?  A year isn't that long, but what happens when the reaper coming knocking at a family members door, am I to miss it, like so many before?

No comments:

Post a Comment